The British International School Bratislava under the auspices of Expert European Linguistics language school
SUMMER SCHOOL programme
for children aged 5-15
Duration: 1 or 2 Weeks
(Parents can choose one of the dates mentioned below or both of them, however, children are encouraged to attend both weeks; the topics of the lessons and activities will vary, so that students can experience something new again.)
Dates: 13th – 17th August 2012
20th – 24th August 2012
From 9:00 to 15:00
Working Language: English
* students will develop speaking skills in English, overcome their barriers to speak English and expand their vocabulary
* learning English in a fun way by participating in group activities
* building a positive attitude towards English language
* students will feel relaxed in the friendly learning environment
* students will see the teachers as friends and role models
* lessons are project oriented, they consist of tasks that encourage the children to speak and express their creative ideas
* children will learn about cultures of different English speaking countries, e.g.: the Maori of New Zealand and their traditional war dance
* learning about sports (baseball, American football, rugby, ultimate Frisbee, kickball, etc.) the children will learn the sport equipment vocabulary, and to understand the rules of sports, follow and give commands
* treasure hunt – children have to follow instructions in English, solve the clues and complete fun tasks to get to the next checkpoint
* Thursday afternoon – barbecue with families
Teachers will observe the language level of the students, and areas that need improvement and base their lesson on these assessments.
How to Apply:
Applications will be available on www.eel.sk from 1st May 2012.
The original will be handed in at the beginning of the camp. The application is accepted after a deposit of 50% of the total price of the summer camp to our bank account.
Total price for one week: €149
50% deposit: €74,50 – non-refundable
50% second instalment – refundable in case of illness with a doctor’s note
Children need to bring their own luch.
Deadline for the application and deposit is 1st July 2012. The deposit is non-refundable.
The second half of the payment needs to be transferred by 1st August 2012.
In case of cancelation due to illness of the student the second instalment is refundable.
The payment is not refundable in case of change of holiday plans, neither when the child misses a part of the programme from any reasons.
Later applications will be accepted only after individual consultations with us and will be considered according to the number of capacities. These include also consultations with The Admissions Officer Ms. Milina Bireš regarding newly accepted students. These applications will be primarily accepted also in July 2012.
In case of cancellation of the whole summer camp due to insufficient number of signed-up students all the deposits and payments will be returned. Parents will be informed by EEL about the cancelations.
Bank account holder: Expert European Linguistics s. r. o.
Bank account number: 2946187856/0200 VÚB, a.s.
IBAN: SK85 0200 0000 0029 4618 7856
Please download information in pdf here: