Primary (ages 2-11)
Welcome to the Primary department of The British School of Beijing. In welcoming your child into the BSB community we aim to ensure that all children in our care are happy, confident, well-motivated, enthusiastic and excited about life.
One of our key goals is to develop within our pupils a desire to learn that will remain with them for life and help them to meet future challenges confidently and successfully.
In addition we aim to:
- Educate pupils intellectually, socially, morally, aesthetically, physically and spiritually
- Give instruction in the basic skills, namely reading, verbal skills, literacy, and numeracy by the most effective methods available to us
- Encourage the development of all pupils, so that they will learn to take their place in society,
- Instil in pupils a sense of decency, commitment, self-reliance, responsibility, respect for others and healthy self-esteem
- Create an atmosphere that is relaxed but purposeful and facilitate the achievement of these aims by forming the best possible relationships between teachers, children, parents and others involved.
We are concerned with the development of the whole personality of each individual. We endeavour to teach what each child needs, regardless of age, sex or ability. We aim to make it difficult to fail. We try to present the child with work which is attractive. We wish to create incentives, to increase the natural thirst for knowledge and skills that is present in almost all children and to channel efforts into useful and interesting pursuits. We want children to enjoy school and to make the best use of their time there.
Click here to download the Primary Curriculum Guide
We place a strong emphasis on skills on literacy and numeracy, and teachers ensure that the fundamental building blocks are placed early.
THE ESSENTIALS GUIDE BEIJING
Download our free guide containing 206 pages of essential information, collected by families, teachers and executives living and working in Beijing. We aim to help make your transition as smooth as possible. Click here to view sample articles and to receive updates as we add more fresh content.